Welcome to 2010!
I hope that everyone out there had a great New Years, so great, that you are only just recovering from it, and you cannot even remember dancing on the table, but there are incriminating photos, ok, enough talk about me…
These are my New Years resolutions for 2010 and they are way easier than vowing to lose that 20 pounds again.
1. Lay out the path to the front door. I do not wish service men to come to my kitchen/back door anymore, catching me in my knickers. (With that extra 20 pounds, it is embarrassing for both of us!)
2. The Peony Walk will have its south side beds, laid out, all in preparation for fall planting.
3. I will finish the Serviceberry Allee.
4. Actually, I have just thought of a fourth, and it would have to be accomplished before number 2. We need a drainage pipe laid behind our house, and this would actually run right under the Peony Walks path. It would be good to accomplish this first!
5. Make the path, running east/west through the Lime Walk, so you can travel between the Yew Garden and the Croquet Lawn.
6. Cedar buttresses in the Lime Walk?, this is still not a for sure.
7. Extend the Flora Glade, all the way to the berm on the west side of the garden.
8. Make a second bed for Teza. This again is still not for sure, will have to remeasure the space (when I can actually see the ground again) and see how wide a second bed would be, after leaving room for a path between them.
This is probably enough work for the summer, (I am sure that Ian is getting grey hair, just thinking about it). Hopefully, I will not be wasting every weekend cutting the grass this summer, like I did last!
What are your New Years Resolutions?